Friday, April 29, 2016

Introducing: "Primary Colors"!

Hey, everyone! I have good news!

What's the good news, you ask? I finally finished editing Aka! Well... I didn't just edit it, I reworked it into a short story and poem collection now called Primary Colors!
And on this post, I'll answer the two main questions you might have:

1. Why did you change the book from just featuring themes regarding the color red to ones regarding all of the primary colors?

Well... Aka was supposed to be the first book of a series. The second book was supposed to be based around the color yellow, the third on blue, et cetera. Aka had some stories that I now consider "material that should not be published", and I supplemented the material I removed with material that was supposed to be in the other books.

2. I liked [story or poem that appeared in Aka, but not Primary Colors]! Why isn't that one in the collection?

About 50% of the material in Aka was written when I was in a hard place, and a good chunk of it came from either bits and pieces of notes I typed up on my phone when I was feeling very upset. Those notes included some very personal aspects of me that I realized that I probably shouldn't share with the internet, so I removed those stories and poems. I might release them one day for free on Smashwords, but I don't know if I should do that.


If you have any other questions, email me at jemononokay@gmail.com

And feel free to buy the book if you want too! :D It's $3.00 on Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/633380

No comments:

Post a Comment